Because of work and family obligations, I haven’t had much time to spend on my hobbies and even less to post about them. I recently finished a project that had me pretty excited and determined to post. I've been thinking about installing a kitchen backsplash for quite some time. Everything I’ve read and heard about this type of project convinced me that it was something that I could handle. During a stop at Home Depot to pick up paint, I decided to browse the tile section. This glass and slate mosaic tile caught my eye and motivated me to finally go ahead with the backsplash.
Before purchasing, the tile my husband and I decided to see if we could find it, or something similar, at a tile outlet for less. We didn’t find anything that we liked and decided to leave. As we were about to walk out the door, we stopped to take a closer look at this slate tile.
For several reasons – it suited our décor, a better price, it was in stock – we decided to go with the slate tile. At the time I realized that the difference in the pattern was going to make the project more challenging but I felt that it was still within my skill level. It certainly was going to involve more cutting but I was looking forward to learning how to do that. Here’s the wet saw I bought for the project.
Well, as I suspected, the project was harder than I initially thought. I ran into a few obstacles and it took longer than I planned – five days instead of three. Here are my before and after pictures.
I’m really happy with the results. I learned alot and would definitely attempt another tile project again.