December 2, 2009

Christmas Chandelier

I've never been crazy about the chandelier above my kitchen table. I have some vague ideas of changing it. Perhaps I'll paint it and/or replace the shades or maybe I'll replace it completely. So far, no clear plan has formulated and other home projects have been higher on the list of priorities.

While decorating for a previous Christmas, I asked Teresa (daughter #1) to wrap the chandelier in some berry garland that I picked up at Jo-Ann's. She did a great job and since I have red accents in my decor year round, I left it. I recently took it down to decorate for her baby shower - it didn't go with the blue tissue paper pom poms.

Recently this craft caught my eye and since the berry garland was way beyond it's expiration date, I thought I'd give it a try. I used various red glass ornaments, Christmas candle rings and beaded garland which were all 50% off at Hobby Lobby.

Here's what my version looks like:


No comments:

Post a Comment